We thank Francisco Cerrillo (a teacher from Madrid, Spain) for sending this activity.
HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE - CHAPTER 1
Complete the sentences about the Dursleys with vocabulary from the chapter.
1. The Dursleys didn't think they could ______ it if anyone found out about the Potters.
2. The Dursleys __________ to think what the neighbors would say.
3. The Dursleys woke up on the ______ gray Tuesday.
4. Mr. Dursley was a big, _______ man with hardly any neck.
5. Mr. Dursley ________ as he picked out his tie.
6. Mr. Dursley ________ Mrs. Dursley on the cheek
7. Mr. Dursley ________ his head around to look again.
8. Mr. Dursley couldn't ______ people who dressed in funny clothes-the getups.
9. Mr. Dursley was _________ to see that a couple of them weren't young at all.
10. Mr. Dursley didn't see the owls __________ past in broad daylight.
11. Mr. Dursley ________ at five different people.
12. Mr. Dursley bought himself a _____ from the bakery.
13. Mr. Dursley was ___________ a large doughnut in a bag.
14. Mr. Dursley ________ back across the road.
15. Mr. Dursley ________ at his secretary not to disturb him.
16. Mr. Dursley ________ his telephone.
17. Mr. Dursley ________ to the bedroom window.
18. Mr. Dursley ________ down into the front garden.
19. Mr. Dursley ________ and turned over.
20. Mr. Dursley might have been __________ into an uneasy sleep.
21. Mr. Dursley was ________ by an old man.
22. Mrs. Dursley spends most of her time __________ over garden fences.
23. Mrs. Dursley _________ a screaming Dudley into his high chair.
24. Mrs. Dursley sipped her tea through ________ lips.